A quarter of the world’s population shops online. With a global population of about seven billion, that’s a base of 1.90 billion digital shoppers. After all, everyone wants to save money while shopping online. Therefore, it is not surprising that online retail is growing at a record pace. By the year 2021, experts predict that 17.5% of total retail sales will come from online channels.
Still, there is so much room to grow within the e-commerce space. To sustain growth, players within the e-commerce space must encourage customer loyalty and push repeat purchase. Whether it’s a physical or online store, dollar savings in the form of online coupon codes, discounts and rebates are a great way to increase online purchases. Enter: companies such as Honey, Wikibuy, and Shopkick, whose mission is to save online shoppers money.
Save Money While Shopping Online Through These Money-Saving Apps and Sites
Consumers are showing more appreciation for online shopping. The convenience of having more choices, easier access to price comparison, are some of the reasons why more customers are adding items into the virtual cart. It has the same effect when and consumers have more control over their purchases. By saving money with online purchases, consumers have more reasons to shop online.
- Ibotta is a cashback app that lets users earn dollar rewards from daily in-store purchases and save money while shopping online. Ibotta offers money-saving deals from Walmart, Target, Kroger, Uber, Kohls, and from bookings at Hotels.com. Rewards from online coupon codes can be easily redeemed via Paypal, Venmo, or through gift cards. It’s a great way to earn extra dollars from things that consumers will purchase anyway.
- Cently by CouponFollow hunts for online coupon codes and tests them against the items in the shopping cart. Upon check out of the items, Cently has already gathered, sorted and applied the best deals and online coupon codes for the purchases. Save money while shopping online as Cently search the best deals across 2000+ retail and e-commerce websites.
- Shopkick is the app for you if you want to save money while shopping online and making in-store purchases. Users earn rewards points (called kicks) for purchases made through the app. Shopkick then convert rewards to digital gift cards. Shopkick has partnered with a wide-range of merchants – including Amazon, Starbucks, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, Tiffany &Co., and Uber.
- Wikibuy works like the “Waze” of money-saving wherein discounts and online coupon codes are aggregated across a variety of online retail stores. The best discounts are then offered to the customer. Like Honey, Wikibuy is a browser extension that works with Chrome and Safari.
- PriceWaiter is another browser extension, but it only works with Google Chrome. Save money while shopping online through PriceWaiter’s “Make an Offer” feature. The customer fields in the amount he/she is willing to shell out, PriceWaiter then looks for merchants willing to accept the price entered by the customer.
- Rakuten Rewards formerly known as Ebates is a website and browser add on that offers cash back to its customers. With a cash back up to 40% and 400+ participating e-stores, Rakuten is a great way to save money while shopping online
- Priceblink is a browser extension that automatically checks prices per item from retail websites. Sellers doing retail arbitrage – purchase a product for a lower, or slightly discounted, price and then sell the same product at a higher price – benefits greatly from this app. Moreover, Priceblink gives shoppers accurate pricing by calculating tax and shipping fees.
- Coupons.com is an award-winning app that lets customers save two ways – get cash back or save at checkout. Consumers can print or access coupon codes digitally through the app. With over $500 worth of savings from popular merchants like Target, Walmart, and Costco, Coupons.com is making saving money seamless and effortless.
- Honey is a browser add on that can be installed on Google Chrome, Mozilla Fire Fox, Microsoft Edge, and Apple’s Safari. As the customer shops on their preferred shopping site, Honey works in the background gathering discounts, online coupon codes and price drop information. Honey works on Amazon, Nike, Nordstrom, Sephora, and thousands of other retail partners.
Online Coupon Codes: Saving Money on Purchases
Price drop, sales, discounts, and cash back – there is a wide array of means to save money while shopping. Before the advent of online retail, shoppers collect and clip coupons to get the most out of their dollar power. Nowadays, saving money through price comparison apps, online coupon codes and cash back rewards are becoming popular. The medium may change with the times and available technology. However, wanting to save money on purchases will always be relevant. As more businesses establish an online presence, the growing money-saving niche is hitting two birds with one stone. And that is better customer engagement and boost online retail growth. Now, that’s what we call win-win.