“You can’t pour from an empty cup.” So says an old proverb, and as an analogy to the human condition, it works. The stress that we face on a day-to-day basis can deplete and drain our body, mind, and spirit. In addition, the demands of a fast-paced modern life take a toll on our health. Living a healthy lifestyle means that we must set aside some time to rest, reset and recharge our bodies. In truth, we must take steps in filling-up our cup so we can pour more of ourselves toward our career, relationships, and goals. Thankfully, people are beginning to see the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. With the increasing demand for living a healthy lifestyle, businesses are stepping up to respond to the growing need.
Build a Healthy Lifestyle with the Help of Experts in the Field
Living a healthy lifestyle can be challenging for most of us. We usually start with grand plans, only to fizzle out, weeks or months down the line. Breaking from old habits and the lack of healthy choices are some of the reasons why living a healthy lifestyle can be difficult. To overcome these barriers, seeking the help of experts may be the push we need. Thankfully, solutions and health-building programs are within reach to help maximize the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
- Pack Health is a startup digital health care company that focuses on improving the lives of people living with a chronic Pack Health is revolutionizing health-coaching by offering customized and personalized support that is accessible through various channels, such as phone, email, text, and FaceTime.
- OPTAVIA’s mission is to help people with “lifelong transformation, one healthy habit at a time.” With OPTAVIA, living a healthy lifestyle is achieved by building what they call the “Habits of Health”. A designated well-being coach guides the participants, and a community of like-minded people supports them throughout their journey.
- LIFE TIME is an athletic lifestyle resort with a vision to change lives. Members can access state-of-the-art facilities, workout workshops, and online weight-loss programs. With its network of locations across U.S. and Canada, LIFE TIME is helping its members enjoy the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
Other Experts in the Field
- Twin Oaks Health Solutions aims to make the client the hero of his/her own They achieve this mission by empowering clients with the right information and with the practice of functional medicine. By addressing some of the health conditions like hormonal imbalance, digestive problems, and weight-loss issues, Twin Oaks Health Solutions has helped clients for their quest of living a healthy lifestyle.
- StayWell is a health management company that caters to businesses, to health care providers and to Through programs and wellness apps, Staywell is helping their clients in addressing weight loss issues, management of chronic diseases, and monitoring of reproductive health and mental health.
- The Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa is an all-inclusive wellness resort established by Nathan Pritikin in 1975. The resort was the culmination of Mr. Pritikin’s campaign to look into diet as “both the cause and the cure for many of the most widespread diseases of modern times”. To date, the Pritikin Longevity Center® offers programs, such as Healthy Weight Loss, Healthy Heart, Lower Cholesterol, Control Diabetes, Lower Blood Pressure, and Healthy Mind.
The Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle
The state of our health is a result of our everyday choices. Therefore, to be healthy, one must decide to lead a healthy lifestyle. Living a healthy lifestyle and the resolve to stick with this choice can help improve one’s overall well-being. A few of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle include:
- Helping in weight management. Having an ideal weight for a specific person’s body type is one of the keystones of a person’s overall health. A less than ideal weight puts pressure on our bones and joints. Moreover, obesity can cause sleeping problems and overwork the body’s systems.
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Follow a wholesome diet, pursue an active lifestyle, and create a stress management program to help curb chronic diseases.
- Boosting energy levels. With more vigor and energy, one can accomplish more and get more out of life.
- Functioning at peak performance, which helps you feel good, elevates your mood and allows you to be more creative. Subsequently, feeling good about yourself spurs you to bring a better version of yourself in everything you do.
Discussions around living a healthy lifestyle must revolve around the individual’s well-being. Following elaborate diet plans, fad workouts and fancy meditations do not guarantee overall health. Essentially, when one can pause, rest, zoom out, spend time with loved ones, reconnect with nature, do things that empower, and pursue things that energize the body, then one is on track to living a healthy lifestyle and experiences the many benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
For more great reads on Bold Business’ series on Mindfulness and Meditation, check out this article on the Rise of the Athleisure Wear Business and the story on the Headspace Meditation App and the Lost Art of Being Still.