Trump came to Washington to implement a big change. Along the way, he has run into a few obstacles, notably the business-as-usual gang in the legislative branch and the permanent bureaucracy. But according to his daughter and special assistant, Ivanka Trump, The Donald has bold ideas for America—ideas that will modernize government and boost the economy. Following are just a few of these Donald Trump ideas that we at Bold Business believe would make a difference.
Trump believes in accountability.
Donald Trump Ideas
- Trump wants to implement big changes across the board tax cuts, to jump-start the economy, which includes a 15 percent top tax rate for corporations.
- Along with rate reductions, Trump believes the tax system should be simplified so that it creates fewer market distortions and is easier for citizens and businesses to understand and comply with.
- Trump supports Public-Private Partnerships to revive and modernize our disastrous infrastructure.
- He pushed for the elimination of Dodd-Frank regulations.
- Trump believes that immigration reform is crucial. In this vein he has issued more than one “Travel Ban” providing an extra layer of security clearance before people from some nations can enter the country.
- He intends to build a wall between Mexico and the U.S., in order to enforce the border and control the flow of people and contraband. He also wants to reform the immigration system.
- Trump said he would eliminate two regulations for every one proposed, and he has signed an Executive Order to do it.
- Congress has repealed the Affordable Care Act, at Trump’s urging. It is still an open question what shape health care reform will ultimately take.
- Trump believes in accountability. To that effect he has issued orders reforming the Veterans Administration, making it possible to fire non-performing employees.
- No one supports Human Trafficking, and Trump has signed a bill to do something about it.
- The EPA has gotten out of control. Trump has ordered the agency to reverse some decisions and to take action in modifying others.
- Trump believes that concerns about climate change are a boondoggle that hampers economic growth. He ordered the EPA to eliminate all mentions of climate change and to support and prioritize the extraction of fossil fuels.
Trump has big plans and bold ideas. However, he is faced with huge hurdles and cultural inertia in the federal government. Time will tell if he can implement his plan and create the bold economic growth that America needs.