Write for Bold Business
We love data and are very proud of the infographics, videos, graphics, and charts we produce.
Why write for Bold Business? We are a global digital publication. We publish stories on the impact people and businesses make as a result of their bold ideas and actions. We believe that companies and capitalism have a direct impact on positive societal changes. We believe that most of the world’s largest challenges are solved by business and the bold leaders who act to make positive change.
We write about Bold Leaders and the Bold Actions, Ideas, and Impacts that businesses and these leaders make. We love data and are very proud of the infographics, videos, graphics, and charts we produce. If you know a Bold Leader you want to interview, let us help you. We love doing interviews.
Thank you for your interest!
Our reporting covers digital transformation; food and nutrition; health and longevity; law and society, communications and cybersecurity; energy, leadership, transportation, urban technology, bold leadership, and human achievement.
Why you should write for Bold Business? You want to be heard. People want to listen and learn, that’s why we’re sharing your work with our network. We have a global audience of readers who are entrepreneurs, business leaders, educators, and innovators.
Why Contribute to Bold Business?
We work with writers and industry experts from everywhere around the globe. If you’re an experienced writer who specializes in any of our segments, we want to work with you too!
Our articles, infographics, videos, and cartoons are designed to inform, educate and motivate our readers. Bold business editors are looking for writers who know how to inspire and give insight into how business and capitalism is positively impacting humanity. Our articles receive thousands of views and we have a loyal and engaged readership.
What is Bold Business Interested in?
We value in-depth, relevant, well-researched, informative and well-written articles that offer a punch. Take some time to familiarize yourself with BoldBusiness.com. If you think this calling is for you, review our general guidelines below:
- Write about what you know and translate your passion into writing a great article. Our readers want to learn from experts. The best stories are interviews or meetings with leaders who do not need an introduction. Or providing exclusive news on a company or institution that is making a profound positive impact on society.
- Be original. We will only accept original content that has not been published anywhere (including your personal blog). No sections of your article can be previously published or taken from other people’s work. We take plagiarism seriously and so should you.
- Be thoughtful. We leave repetitive news to the others while we write in-depth information on bold companies, ideas, persons and organizations. If it’s been said elsewhere, there’s no need for us to echo the information.
- Voice. Bold Business reports on how businesses and the bold leaders who run them are creating positive societal change. We like to have deep reporting on financials, metrics, and stories that showcase what bold impacts organizations are making on the world. Also, we publish percent as a word. Do not use % except if in a chart or graphic.
Article Submission Guidelines and Style
- Provide a working title. Please provide the title of your story in the subject line of your email submission.
- Write a compelling introduction. Make your first sentence catchy and give our reader the right reason to stay until your last word. Your lead must help the reader understand what the article is about and why they should read on to the end.
- Get to the point. Please keep your article between 700 to 1,000 words unless it is an interview or a post comparing multiple topics or individuals.
- Be consistent. If you start with a pronoun, please stick with it. Avoid the use of we, I, she/he etc. in the same article. Please try to avoid passive tense as much as possible and check for word repetition. Also, ALWAYS place commas and periods inside the end quote marks.
- Be social. We encourage you to share your article on your social media platforms. We will do the same. Please also add keywords that are relevant and provide social value
- Names. For the first reference, use the full name: Marc Benioff. For subsequent references, use the last name only. Even if Marc Benioff is a personal friend, don’t call him “Marc” in your article.
- SEO. Our editors will provide you with keywords for the articles. Do not link to them. Also, it is important to use subheadings as it breaks up long bits of text. However, never link to subheadings or keywords.
Steps to Take Before You Submit
Although your article may be great, we may make edits to ensure that your story adheres to our voice. All submissions to Bold Business belong to Bold Business and may not be published anywhere as original content.
Make Sure you Proof your article. Business reporting requires fact-checking and accuracy. If your article is filled with typos and/or factual errors, the editorial team will likely reject.
We Require a Link to your Sources. If you quote a leader or cite a business statistic, provide a link to your source. Our readers are able to learn more about a topic and it helps us with fact-checking. Don’t expect that our editorial staff will do your homework for you. And, we always prefer links to the original source.
Please provide any and all references with your submission. If you are writing about a company or a Bold Leader, provide reliable and relevant information about the company or the person. Include only information relevant to the story.
If you happen to conduct an interview with a company or executive, please make sure that it is mentioned in your article. Our editorial staff and our audience will want to know that you have conducted original reporting.
You Must Disclose financial relationships. We require that you disclose any financial relationships, with the businesses, institutions or leaders you write about or link to in your article. If our editors conclude that you have violated this, it could require that your article is removed from Bold Business or cease of your ability to contribute to the site. If you have questions on this, please talk to your editor.
If you are a contributor for Bold business, you cannot receive money from a business in exchange for writing about them. It is also against Bold Business’ policy for our contributors to sell links in their articles to people or companies. If we find a contributor violates this, they will be barred from publishing in our publications.
Timely and Original Work
We Request that you Support your argument or opinion with facts: Prove the opinion that you write about. Unless it is a piece on a specific company or leader, we prefer to have multiple examples to ensure that your point is illustrated.
Please tell us if the topic matter is timely. If this is newsworthy, it will go through our editorial queue more quickly.
Submit only original work. Work you didn’t write is not acceptable. Warmed over posts with tweaks (something that you published previously) are also unacceptable. Our editors find these quickly and are not amused.
Make sure your article is not self-promotional. If you mention your company, book, etc., it should only be used to demonstrate your acumen on a topic. The effect should serve to teach, not advertise.
Upon submission, an editor will receive and review your work. Please keep in mind that we receive several pitches every day and allow us the proper amount of time to provide you with a response. This can take 1-3 weeks. If you have not heard from us within this time, your idea was likely rejected.
Also, we publish many stories every week and may already be planning a story that is similar to your pitch. We are not responsible for any similarities between our future stories and your submission. Should we want to move forward with your story idea, we will tell you in writing.
For your contributor profile: If we accept your post, an editor will contact you to have you complete a contributor agreement. We would like you to provide a biography, your social links, and a hi-resolution picture. We will send you an email once your article runs.
Thank you for sharing our BOLD mission and vision. We are looking forward to hearing from you.